The Analyst will provide technical and administrative support to the Responsible Mining and Energy (RME) Program. This position will provide support to the team in undertaking research and analysis on environmental and social aspects of the mining and energy sectors, companies, and governments. This will include, but is not limited to, conducting qualitative and quantitative research; due diligence research; benchmarking corporate policies and performance targets; researching best practices, government policies related to mining and energy and industry trends; analyzing research and developing written technical reports and presentations with findings and conclusions. This position will work in close collaboration with the Director, Responsible Mining and Energy and other members of the RM+E team.
- Research. Conduct research (due diligence, benchmarking, trends analysis) on key companies, governments and relevant thematic issues in the oil and gas and mining industries, focusing on biodiversity, water, climate and community engagement. 60%
- Technical writing. Document research findings; analyze information generated from research and draft conclusions and recommendations. 40%
- This position is based in Arlington, VA
- Working towards a graduate degree preferentially in the environmental sciences, government, public policy, or international relations arenas.
- Technical proficiency in research and technical writing
- Excellent communications skills