Purpose of the position:
The purpose of WASH Technical Assistant Position is to contribute with specific technical competences to project implementation. This position will normally do entail implementing responsibility on the field. He/she will be responsible for assessment, beneficiary’s selection, conducting awareness sessions and distribution.
You can read more about this position by clicking here: Job Description and NRC Grade Structure
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Responsible for preparing of drawings and BoQ for WASH packages, assessment of Hygiene situation in project area, assessment, vulnerable beneficiary selection, project planning, implementation and monitoring for construction activities and quality maintenance of WASH in target area
- Implementation and monitoring of constructions.
- Distribute the hygiene kits to the targeted and planned beneficiaries.
- To visit the target population to discuss the importance of using and constructing latrines, disposing of faces and hand washing and any other issues as determined by the project coordinator;
- Assessment on site. Village assessment; identify needs and resources, shelter type, data on returnees/ IDPs
- Beneficiary selection. Identify vulnerable families eligible for shelter assistance according to established selection criteria.
- Make sure that all program data are accurately collected and reported.
- Participate in field missions, WASH activities monitoring, and technical assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collection and analysis WASH data and report WASH officer.
- Maintain WASH beneficiaries’ documentation both on field and office levels and on its profiles.
- Distribution of hygiene kit
- Provision and completion of all field related forms, contracts and retain in profile.
- Beneficiaries and community workers training regarding latrine design.
- Produce reports on weekly, monthly and require base as well
- Conduct the meeting with community/or village elders, Malaks, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
- Support Emergency Coordinator. Or PM to prioritize the emergency activities in different region such as field assessments, distribution, responses, PDM, risk monitoring and coordination.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English language
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Graduated from Civil Engineering faculty
- Experience with designing, implementing and monitoring of construction projects
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with NGOs in a similar WASH fields.
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with INGOs.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluency in local language Pashtu/Dari both written and verbal
- Knowledge of emergency interventions and or programmes.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Monthly Salary Based on Afghanistan NRC Salary Scale.
- NRC has Medical Coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit on monthly basis.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.