Location: BRAC Head Office
Date Posted: April 24, 2022
Last Date of Application: May 7, 2022
BRAC is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential.
Join BRAC’s WASH programme to be part of the vision to ensure that everyone, everywhere has safe drinking water, a hygienic toilet, and practices good hygiene. We deliver services to people living in hard-to-reach, climate affected and underserved urban areas using a multidimensional approach – from financing WASH markets to building partnerships with local governments. Active since 2006, the programme has significantly contributed to Bangladesh attaining the Millennium Development Goals national WASH target, and is believed to be the largest NGO-managed WASH programme in the world. Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
Mobilising adequate fund of the WASH programme/projects for achieving the strategic goals of 2021 – 2025 by developing quality proposals and concept notes. Knowledge management through initiating small research and producing publications for external audiences, as well as internal documents such as donor reports and proposals.
- Prepare donor mapping to search potential funding opportunities for the Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programme, build relationships with donors and regularly update the donor matrix to share with the concerned authority of the WASH programme.
- Study the potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position BRAC to the donors.
- Developing quality concept notes and project proposals with innovative approaches/ interventions in consultation with WASH colleagues and concerned departments of BRAC.
- Develop the short-term and long-term fundraising strategy and plans for mobilising resources aligning with the overall strategy of the BRAC WASH programme.
- Find out the proper channel of fundraising in coordination with respective departments/ management, take initiatives in completing internal preparation to respond to calls and update information in the grants management system in collaboration with GRP.
- Prepare budget and allocation while developing concept notes and project proposals ensuring the engagement of the operation team and relevant departments in accordance with each requirement from the donor.
- Writing donor reports (quarterly, annual, completion), capacity statements and annual/ half-yearly programme report in collaboration with the operations unit and monitoring unit.
- Take initiatives for preparing articles, blogs, case studies, newsletters, flyers, etc. to publish on various platforms for showcasing BRAC WASH programme interventions. Knowledge sharing and transfer on WASH programme within and outside BRAC.
- Conducting small research studies to capture knowledge and document evidence based lessons learned, outcomes, and good practices for programme decision-making and showcase those good practices through publications as well as disseminate internally and externally.
- Coordination and collaboration with the WASH communications unit to ensure the quality of writing, updating webpage and branding of any publications aligning with BRAC communication guideline.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Comprehensive knowledge of the development sector, especially on WASH and Public Health
- Knowledge of Bangladesh geographic, socio-economic, political context, etc.
- Sound knowledge on institutional donors and experience of developing proposals and concept notes
- Strong people management and team-building skills with gender-friendly attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both in Bengali and English
- Very good command on Microsoft Office Package
- Excellent skills in report writing and presentation
Masters in any discipline from any recognised university/ institution. Candidates having “A” and “O” level will get preference.
Minimum 05 years’ experience in the field of proposal development and fundraising in development sector is required.
Festival Bonus, Health and Life Insurance and others