Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre is a growing organization with an exciting mission: accelerating the growth and impact of cleantech ecosystems across Canada. We bring together industry, government, academia, investors, and innovators to address today’s most urgent climate issues. Join us!
We’re looking for a Program Manager to help with our agriNEXT and waterNEXT clusters.
AgriNEXT is a pan-Canadian, ag-specific accelerator and network hub established by Foresight to drive development and scaling of Canadian cleantech ventures that address the environmental and competitiveness pain points of our agriculture industry. AgriNEXT focuses on scaling ventures, and accelerates them through technology and industry-specific training, mentorship and ecosystem engagement, and connections to funders, investors, and corporate partners.
WaterNEXT is Canada’s water technology network. We bring together stakeholders from across the water innovation ecosystem to accelerate the commercialization and adoption of technologies for the world’s most pressing water challenges. WaterNEXT is a sector-agnostic initiative with an overarching focus on water in all forms and contexts, from desalination to digital solutions.
As a member of the Foresight and NEXT teams, you will report to the VP Technology. You will work with the Directors of waterNEXT and agriNEXT to ensure the successful execution of the NEXTs’ activities, including accelerator cohorts, innovation challenges, research projects, and ecosystem events. For each of the activities you will bring the NEXT-specific information to the team at Foresight that delivers that particular activity (e.g. the acceleration team or the challenge team) and ensure that the activity is executed to meet the needs of the NEXT.
The successful applicant will be a true community builder that is passionate about reducing Canada’s climate impact through technology innovation, and about the potential for Canada to develop globally recognized water and agritech ecosystems. This means that you are highly organised, a great communicator, a team player and entrepreneurial self-starter, are comfortable working remotely, and have strong time and project management skills.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate and deliver agriNEXT and waterNEXT’s program activities.
- Support the recruitment and screening of new companies into Foresight’s NEXT programs.
- Gather and share information on new business and funding opportunities that can benefit companies in Foresight’s ecosystem.
- Manage programs that create connections between industry sectors and technologies to grow the cleantech ecosystem overall.
- Assist in proposal development and budgeting, and be responsible for reporting for agriNEXT and waterNEXT programs.
- Two to five years relevant experience
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong program management and delivery experience
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the clean technology industry is an asset
Job Type: Full-Time
Rate: Base + benefits (key is best fit and experience for the role)
Foresight accelerates the growth and impact of cleantech ecosystems across Canada. We have supported 750+ ventures in our Kickstart, Launch, Deliver, and Grow programs, and 150+ industry partners through our industry, capital, and export programs. Foresight’s expertise has helped secure $840 million in capital, $310+ million revenues and 6,700+ high-paying jobs with an economic impact of over $1 billion. Our domestic and international engagement includes collaboration with 2,000+ stakeholders and partners. We have a strong history of strategy, ecosystem mapping, and partnership building that positions Canada as a global leader in cleantech innovation.
Foresight recognizes that the best teams include diverse voices. We welcome all applicants with the requisite experience and skills for the position to apply, and invite interested individuals to reach out with any questions or requests for accommodation through the application or interview process.
The team at Foresight is passionate about solving pressing environmental problems and bringing transformative technologies to market. Apply today to join this dynamic team. Apply today on our website.