Job Position : Thematic Lead – WaSH & Shelter, PROCAP Program
Reports to : Programme Lead, PROCAP Programme
Location : CI Office, Aizawl, Mizoram
Duration: April 2022 to March 2023 (Extendable)
Caritas India, founded in 1962, is the official development arm (registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI 1860 (the Punjab Amendment Act 1957) of the Catholic Churches in India. Caritas India is a member of Caritas confederation of more than 160 member- organizations working in nearly 200 countries, making it the second largest humanitarian network in the world.
Caritas India has served the underprivileged sections of the society, hailing from socially excluded communities, the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes, and religious minorities by exercising preferential actions for the most marginalised. Resultantly, with a large spectrum of development interventions across the country, Caritas India is recognized as a leading NGO in poverty alleviation through Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction and Natural Resource Management.
For more information you may visit www.caritasindia.org
About the Programme:
PROCAP is a Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Risk Reduction Programme in the Indian states of Mizoram and Manipur which is facing humanitarian crisis in post Covid situation. Built on Rapid Needs Assessment, PROCAP project identified the following priority humanitarian needs within the sectors of:
1. Food Security
2. Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH)
3. Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI), and
The PROCAP action will support the target communities with:
1. Cash Voucher to contribute to food security and food distribution for infants and children, young girls, vulnerable adults (pregnant & lactating women and elderly),
2. Activities to ensure access to safe drinking water, improved sanitation facilities, increased awareness on hygiene and sanitation practices as well as
3. Necessary hygiene items at household level
4. Improvement of shelter combined with electricity and NFI
Primary Role of the position:
Thematic Lead – WaSH & Shelter is to ensure that Caritas India and partners have appropriate and timely technical advice and support to deliver quality programs as part of the PROCAP programme. The role will involve visiting the implementing partners to provide technical assistance and training so that they in turn can share with communities. There will also be the need to advise on shelter and WASH construction related issues to assist the programs.
• Continue to develop and periodically review the Shelter and WaSH strategies in consultation with Caritas, Partners, and other actors
• Provide information and advice to ensure compliance to relevant humanitarian and government standards for Shelter and WASH and sector relevant Protection
• Ensure that Protection Mainstreaming is integrated in all programs and to support with the planning and implementation, and to include compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standards
• Ensure that contextualized technical information and advice is provided to each of the partners to enable them to implement their programs
• To support MEAL (Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning) activities, including help define relevant indicator and the means of measurement and verification
• Oversee and supervise the production and publication of information, education, communication (IEC) materials
• Develop and facilitate trainings as required at central and district level
• Regularly monitor the progress and quality of the work in each district.
• As required, collate program and performance data for Caritas India and Partners, and information to be shared with other stakeholders
• Provide supervision and management of WASH and Shelter field engineers and associated staff
Knowledge & Skills:
• Understanding of the socio-economic and political situation of the state/region
• In-depth knowledge of thematic area of humanitarian action
• Possesses an understanding of current concepts and related frameworks/ approaches in related thematic area in the global / domestic scenario
• Knowledge and working experience with Government, NGO and other support organization
• Operations Management / Project Management Skills
• Facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills
Skills and Experience :
• Civil engineer / Architect with a minimum of 4 years’ experience
• Report and proposal writing skills
• High standard of written English
• Technical training experience
• Working with MS Word and Powerpoint (essential)
• AutoCAD and 3D design software experience (preferred)
• To be based in Mizoram with frequent travel
• Ability to travel to different districts on a frequent basis
Qualification / Work Experience: B Tech / Masters or Graduate in Social Work or Social Sciences with 4-5 years in similar role in development organizations with in-depth understanding of Humanitarian Aid (HA) and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and its implementation in developmental projects.
Salary : CTC INR 70,000/- pm
To apply, kindly e-mail your CV to [email protected] with the name of the position in the subject line. Kindly provide with two references and current CTC. Please mention your current salary. The deadline for submission of application is 29 April 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.
Caritas India is an equal opportunity employer.
Caritas India expects the highest standards of professional practice in all its work and contact with people; and recognizes that `safeguarding’ is an organizational and an individual responsibility. It recognizes its responsibility and commitment to promote and ensure security, safety and wellbeing of CI people in its offices/work – spaces/locations and different work contexts.
Job offer made will be subject to a self-disclosure, satisfactory clearance and satisfactory verification of qualifications and work history.
Thank you for your valuable time and showing interest in our organization!