The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for highly motivated professionals to join its Head Quarters in Colombo Sri Lanka.
Duties AND Responsibilities:
- Review donor agreements/guidelines, understand the reporting/invoicing terms and conditions at the start of the project and review the reporting deadlines.
- With the guidance of the Primary Manager, prepare accurate donor reports and ensure timely submission of these reports and other additional information to donors
- Preparation of reconciliations when the expenditure reported in Donor financial report is different to project expenditure in the SAP system.
- Providing the Senior Administrative officer with instructions on how to invoice bilateral projects according to payment plans stipulated in the donor agreements and also ensure that projects with advances are utilized without pre-financing by IWMI.
- Support the Primary Manager in the handling of local audits as stipulated in the binding donor agreements.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University Degree or Diploma in Accounting/Financial Management
- Part qualification of ICASL / ACCA / CIMA
- One year experience in accounting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good command of English (both written and spoken).
- Ability to prepare accurate financial reports with complete information.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Excel and the ability to analyze and reconcile figures.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret the terms and conditions in donor agreements.
- Teamworking and coordinating work with other departments.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload and meet deadlines.
TERMS OF THE APPOINTMENT
This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of Sri Lanka are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. IWMI also offers a transportation allowance and access to an on-site crèche. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of 3 years with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through 24:00 (IST) on May 8, 2022 (Sunday).
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.