- Job number: BBV01437
- Company/Division: HS2
- Career area: Health Safety Environment
- Country: UK
- Location: UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
- Contract type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Water Specialist to join our Environmental team to work across HS2 in the Midlands.
Develops robust and comprehensive WFRMP and any surface water/Groundwater design deliverables to deal with environmental risks, CRTs, U&As, Technical Standards, UK best practices working collaboratively with the whole project team in order to achieve EMR Compliance and L3Certification.
What you’ll be doing
- Co-ordinate with DJV discipline leads the development of the Basis of Design (Stage 2 DD) in Surfacewater/ Groundwater & Water Resources and monitoring plan
- Collaborate with HS2 and EWC surface water/ groundwater Leads to ensure efficient transfer of surfacewater/groundwater monitoring & surveys for BBVs requirements
- Support with the Finalisation of the surface water/groundwater monitoring strategy with DJV/EA/HS2 and complete Water Monitoring Management Plan
Support with the scope, plan and resource surface/ groundwater monitoring by
- BBV and sub-contractor
- Set up and manage sub-contractors
- Support with the plan and resource surface water and groundwater survey requirements for Stage 2
- Support with the organisation and attendance with DJV surface water/groundwater leads key-meetings, workshops with HS2 technical leads,
- Environmental Agency, Water companies, Local Authorities to facilitate consent pre-engagement and get the approval of BBV design
- Review and assure deliverables related to the WFRMP & groundwater disciplines in liaison with Sub-lots Environmental Design Engineers
- Provide technical expertise/ support for Environmental & Design team in surface water/groundwater disciplines
- Support the sublot teams to manage surface water/groundwater related construction environmental deliverables
Who we’re looking for
- Member of an environmental/water professional body
- A sound understanding of hydrogeology, surface water/ groundwater and dewatering monitoring design on major infrastructure schemes;
- Experience of temporary dewatering process and design;
- Experience of surface water and groundwater monitoring design;
- Relationship experience dealing with Environmental Agency, water companies and LA on such issues;
- Background with surface water /groundwater consent applications and pre-engagement with Statutory bodies;
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK’s infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We’ve successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.