Water Management Consultant
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We’re a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems. We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world. Our nearly 3,000 employees provide services in over 170 countries through our many global offices, at our client sites, from home offices and in state-of-the-art laboratories. We’re growing fast, and that’s where you come in. Come join our team. More information about NSF International can be found at nsf.org.
Function as the primary technical liaison to relevant stakeholders for NSF Building Water Health. Responsible for supporting clients develop, implement and validate building water safety and management plans in accordance with internal SOPs and local, state and federal requirements. Responsible for completing technical reviews, evaluating water systems in commercial, industrial, healthcare and university settings. Making technical recommendations for managing bacteriological, chemical and physical risks, improving water/energy efficiency and extending useful life of water system assets.
- Act as primary point of contact for customers, auditors, and NSF Building Water Health staff for technical and consultation related inquiries.
- Responsible for the development of technical interpretations and guidelines to properly and concisely deliver services.
- Responsible for developing standard operating procedures detailing processes involved in supporting NSF Building Water Health processes and issuing new/revised SOPs and forms to field focused teams.
- Responsible for supporting technical trainings for relevant stakeholders on all programs.
- Coordinate with Corporate Quality and Compliance to:
- Support accreditation efforts for new offerings including scope expansions in accordance with appropriate accreditation requirements.
- Develop responses related to technical complaints, requests for information or other inquiries from various stakeholders, accreditation and oversight bodies.
- Compiling data for NSF Sustainability stakeholder review.
- Monitor compliance with internal SOPs and local, state and federal regulations governing operation of building water systems, identify areas of non-compliance, and provide recommendations to address deficiencies. Communicate compliance outcomes to all interested parties and perform necessary database processes to complete action.
- Process corrective action responses to oversight bodies.
- Confirm that sample selection, testing, evaluation and documentation required were correctly identified and implemented
- Perform routine and complex reviews of water systems at individual, facility and organizational level, to support proper development of water safety and management plans.
- Effectively interact with other business units and laboratory personnel to ensure proper testing and associated documentation and database systems are complete, accurate, and properly maintained.
- Develop new quote logic / bracketing schemes for products/processes that fall outside of existing schemes.
- Assist with developing quotations and presenting service options to potential clients.
- Develop and implement strategies that ensure standard revisions and standards development activities support the objectives of the NSF certification program.
- Representation on joint committees/technical committees for relevant areas of expertise
- Perform compliance decision reviews.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities in assigned areas.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, environmental health, physical sciences, public health, or a related area
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience providing superior project management and field consultation
- Highly detail oriented and well organized.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Internet Explorer
- Ability to master technical data and information.
- Ability to follow through on assignments with supervision remotely.
- Master’s degree in scientific area of study.
- Experience supporting development and implementation of water management and safety plans.
- Experience making public health compliance determinations to internal, local, state and federal requirements.
- Proven success in building and retaining client relationships
- Certifications in water treatment and industrial water management processes.
- Experience making environmental health assessments.
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills.
- Experience with computer-based statistical analyses.