Senior Water Resources Project Manager
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Senior Water Resource Project Manager for their Sacramento, CA office.
This position is for a Senior Project Manager with technical, project management and business development experience for various federal, state and local water resources-related projects in our expanding Sacramento office. Position will also support opportunities in Dewberry’s new Long Beach office. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, and will have developed a strong presence in the California market with well-established client relationships in both northern and southern California. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual interested in becoming part of an exciting team of professionals and a growing office. Dewberry offers a great working environment and is a well-established and successful company - applying the latest technology to the fields of water resource planning and engineering for the service of our clients and community. Typical projects involve helping local, state, and federal clients complete floodplain management, water resource management, coastal resilience, dam safety, flood forecasting, reservoir operations, and groundwater recharge projects, as well as other watershed planning projects. Must possess the ability to work in a team environment, effectively interface with clients, communicate effectively, contribute to business development efforts including proposal writing, and manage complex projects to successful completion on time and on budget.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to department staff
- Assist Department Manager with successful delivery of marketing and business development opportunities, including coordination with other Dewberry offices in California
- Monitoring project and staff performance
- Active participation with professional organizations and industry events
- Effectively interface with clients and manage sub-consultants
- Strong project management skills (PMP certification a strong plus)
- Strong client relationships and well-developed marketing skills in the California market
- Familiar with the USACE Civil Works programs a strong plus
- Familiar with FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program, as well as general floodplain management services (CFM certification preferred)
- Knowledge of integrated water resource planning concepts, including water rights and water quality regulations
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including excellent report and proposal writing skills
- Experienced with application of Best Management Practices for water resource projects
- Working knowledge of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and other environmental regulations
- Working knowledge of reservoir operations and hydropower a strong plus
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Possession of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, with an emphasis on water resources
- California Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to gain through reciprocity within 6 months
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) certification preferred, but not required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, but not required
- Experience: 10-plus years’ experience in project management, business development, water resources and floodplain management
- Demonstration of strong existing client relationships in California (references may be requested)
- Experience working with California Department of Water Resources (DWR), FEMA, USACE, California water districts and authorities, or other Federal, state and local agencies with authority to conduct water resource projects.
Occasional in-state travel and infrequent out-of-state travel is required.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.