Land Development Water Resources Internship
VHB’s growing South Burlington, VT team is looking for a Land Development/Water Resources Engineering Intern to join our Engineering Team for the Summer of 2019.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The successful intern candidate will learn technical skills and computational software necessary to assist in the completion of land development and water resource engineering projects throughout the state and northeast region.
- Effectively interact with numerous VHB staff to advance projects in a timely manner
- Assist with engineering calculations, analysis, and report preparation
- Assist with completion of conceptual, preliminary, and final construction plans for land development projects
- Assist with stormwater collection and treatment system designs
- Field investigation and data collection for new and ongoing projects
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and interact appropriately and positively with clients
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related studies
- Interest in land development and/or water resource engineering
- AutoCAD and HydroCAD experience preferred