Australia nationals: Natural Resources Officer
Toowoomba, QLD, Australia
Bachelor's (Or Equivalent)
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
- Undertake investigations and make recommendations on applications made under the Water Act 2000 and the Planning Act 2016.
- Undertake regulatory, including audit and compliance, activities associated with the management and use of water and associated works.
- Undertake monitoring and reporting of water resources (surface and groundwater) and water usage including the regulation of the take of water; monitoring river flow and performance and supporting decision making processes relating to water access and use.
- Support water planning processes including the development and implementation of Water Plans and Water Management Protocols.
- Prepare technical and investigation reports, correspondence and briefings on water entitlement, management and compliance matters.
- Engage clients in the resolution of issues associated with competing demands for water and associated resources.
- Consult, liaise and provide advice to user groups, the general public, staff and Government agencies on water and resource management matters to achieve sustainable and compliant water use practices.
- Other duties as directed and required.
- A bachelor's degree relevant to natural resource management or agreed equivalent as determined by the Director-General;
- A current “C” class driver's licence and be willing to obtain a manual licence if necessary;
- Overnight travel may be required to fulfil this role.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Please see "To Apply" link for more information.