Surface Water Engineering Leader
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
As the Transport and Resources sector of Arup continues to expand, we are looking for an Engineering Leader within the area of Surface Water to oversee the continued growth of our established offering in this field. While based in Brisbane, this is a regional position and will be supporting teams and projects around Australasia.
Reporting to the regional leader, this is a newly created role that will be focused on strategic growth, technical delivery, business development, team development and promoting technical excellence.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
- Furthering Arup’s strategic growth within the surface water sector
- Leadership, directorship, and technical review roles on major projects
- Winning work and increasing income/revenue within the surface water sector
- Mentoring, coaching and guiding personnel
- Promoting the Arup brand within the industry
- Driving excellence and innovation in the delivery of our work
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications and relevant skills/experience in the surface water sector within a consulting business environment.
- CPEng, MIEAust
- Post-graduate qualifications (not a requirement but advantageous)
- Demonstrated technical expertise and proficiency in:
- Catchment hydrology and hydrologic modelling
- Hydraulic modelling/analysis/design
- Flood assessments for large scale/complex infrastructure projects
- Proven delivery of projects at all stages, from concept/planning through to detailed design
- Catchment flood studies and flood risk management
- Stormwater and surface water management
- Bridge scour analysis and design
- Client and community consultation/communication
- Industry participation and brand promotion
- A level and breadth of experience that enables the candidate to operate across multiple geographies, teams, and types of project
Some of the benefits of working at Arup include:
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities to develop your technical and project management skills to further your career in the trajectory you desire.
- The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises ARUP as being Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- National and international secondment opportunities.
Applications close COB 29th March 2019