Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We’re proud to say it’s thanks to our people’s diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you’ll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone’s voice is valued and treated equally.
We are looking for Senior Hydraulic Modeller – Rivers to join our team. This role will be based at our Atkins office in Bangalore, IN. The role requires the candidate to lead the technical and commercial delivery of a wide range of projects with a particular focus on integrated urban water management, which includes fully integrated hydrodynamic catchment modelling, sustainable drainage, water sensitive urban design, river restoration, research and development, as well as client and multi-stakeholder engagement. The candidate will be expected to support and mentor junior staff and the role will allow the candidate to develop their project management, client management and business development skills.
The role will ideally suit someone who is looking for a technical challenge with a passion for business development in their technical field and someone who is keen to work on advanced and industry leading projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
The successful candidate will sit within the Water Management consultancy team within the Water & Environment practice. The focus of the role is on technical leadership and delivery of hydrological and hydraulic modelling projects for both our external and internal clients. As a member of this team, you’ll have excellent technical, project management and client management skills and be somebody who can deliver to the highest of standards.
- You will take responsibility for the technical delivery of projects from inception to handover on time, quality and cost.
- You will be expected to lead the interface with clients from the bidding stage to project delivery.
- Your strong organizational and time management skills will give you the ability to lead and manage more than one project at any one time.
- You will be expected to take responsibility for client management and feed into business development within your technical field.
- You’ll also be responsible for on-the-job training and mentoring of more junior members of the team.
- You will also liaise with and support the wider Atkins practices and divisions in the UK and overseas.
What will you contribute?
- A strong academic background with degree in Civil engineering and /or Master’s degree in relevant subject.
- Minimum of 8 years post graduate experience in the hydrological and hydraulic modelling and/or water resources industry.
- Extensive experience of hydrological techniques (flood and/or water resources) – such as urban and rural rainfall-runoff, statistical estimation, stochastic weather generators. Knowledgeable in UK’s Flood Estimation Handbook would be advantageous.
- Extensive experience of hydraulic modelling – including any of the following environments in 1D, 2D, 3D: rivers, canals, sewers, dams, coasts, groundwater.
- The applicant should have achieved Chartered status with an appropriate industry body.
- Experience in managing technical delivery, including large scale catchment modelling projects and a successful track record in project management and client management.
- Applicant should have experience of managing technical work, supervising more junior staff to deliver technical work and working in multi-disciplinary projects.
- The applicant should have experience of working as part of a successful bidding team on technical projects and the ability to demonstrate innovative ideas for the water management industry.
- Applicants must be numerate, literate and familiar with IT and software appropriate to the tasks to be undertaken including; InfoWorks (ICM, RS,CS), ISIS, TUFLOW, HEC-RAS and preferably Wallingford Procedure, ReFH, FEH, FSR & Micro FSR.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with international clients.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Why work for Atkins?
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the globe for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies