The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is seeking applications from consultants in the field of Water and Sanitation/Environmental Engineering. The ideal candidate will have a postgraduate degree in civil/environmental engineering with 7 years of relevant work experience in the wastewater and/or sanitation sector.
A good systems understanding of all components of the sanitation value chain is essential. Experience in the design and implementation of resource recovery and reuse systems will be an advantage. Excellent business development, client relationships, staff mentoring and management skills are essential. The person will work under the supervision of the Practice Leader for Applied Research and Knowledge Transfer.
The consultant will:
- analyze and develop designs, both initial outlines and full plans, of wastewater and sanitation solutions to include the wastewater and fecal sludge process, treatment and systems;
- have a progressive knowledge base with wastewater and sanitation solutions, in particular resource recovery and reuse and green infrastructure applications;
- successfully coordinate with clients, public agencies, consultants and contractors to respond to requests, provide clarification, suggest modifications and adjust the scope of the services as needed;
- be committed to incorporating integrated sustainable design solutions and practices within projects;
- possess a strong understanding of environmental compliance, and have the ability to enforce and lead the development of plans and specifications for wastewater and sanitation processes, treatment, control and transmission systems.
- be involved in project management tasks, which include the prod uction of engineering reports, budgets, client interaction, team interaction and thorough knowledge to take a project from concept to completion.
Researchers with the following qualifications are invited to apply:
- Postgraduate degree in civil/environmental engineering is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a related field.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-based, client-focused environment.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, including previous experience and project assignment related to this consultancy, together with a cover letter and the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees.
Duration of the consultancy will be 2 years and the consultant will be based at IWMI’s office in New Delhi, India.
IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and emphasizes the importance of regional and gender diversity in identifying candidates for this position and its staff more generally.