- Job number: SRH04665
- Domaine de competence: Water Sanitation and Hygiene promotion
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Venezuela
- Contract Type: Short term contract
ABOUT THE MISSION
Desired start date: 15 March 2022
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Región Centroccidental
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization that provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 39 years, our organization has worked towards meeting the three basic needs – water, food and shelter – of vulnerable and crisis-affected populations, and has been more specifically committed to fight against waterborne diseases, leading cause of death in the world. SI’s interventions are carried out based on its expertise in the field of access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential ones of food security and livelihoods. SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is currently present in about 20 countries where SI staff – a total of 2,000 people comprising expatriates, local staff, HQ employees and some volunteers – implements programs with professionalism and commitment whilst being mindful of respecting other cultures.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has started its activities in Venezuela relatively recently. After several exploratory missions were carried out in 2019, missions were opened and progressively increased their scopes of intervention. They now include activities such as WASH in health facilities, schools and targeted rural or urban communities through the improvement of water services and hygiene practices. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL operated in Venezuela within Consortiums with other French NGOs and some of its activities are implemented through local partners.
ABOUT THE JOB
- The program manager is in charge of implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the proposals.
- He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program.
- He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- The candidate will be in charge of all WASH activities of our projects in the Región Centroccidental in terms of design, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Small, but growing mission.
- Implementation with a local partner with the necessity to focus strongly on the capacity-building on INGO tools & processes.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
Lead on proposal development, reporting, ensure timely implementation of activities incl. documentation, coach/onboard new WASH staff in our base, lead intra- and inter-departmental meetings, coordinate with partners.
Specific required skills
- Capacity to quickly get on board with an already started and delayed project: capacity to rapidly identify stakes and potential difficulties, adaptability, solution-oriented approach, etc.
- Strong project management skills, perfect command of PCM tools, knowledge of humanitarian NGO environment and specificities
- Skilled management and ability to train, develop and support staffs
- Ability and appetence to work with local partners
- Relatively high level of autonomy and organisational capacity
- Strong communication skills (interdepartmental with support/others program sectors/Partners)
- A minimum of 1 year of field experience in WaSH programs in a managing position
- Previous experience of WASH in communities and WASH in health programs (preferred)
- Strong Experience in carried out needs assessments, surveys needed
- Experience working with local partners highly appreciated
- Previous experience in Latin America appreciated
- Good communication skills in both written and verbal Spanish and English
- Reactive, Flexible and resourceful
- Solution-oriented management
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 1980 euros gross per month) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités). To these break periods, one additional rest day per month worked is granted.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/