3 Postdoc Positions: Engineering for A Resilient World
The postdoc work will be executed at the WEM group, part of the Civil Engineering Department, University of Twente in Enschede, the Netherlands. Within the UT, under the Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET), you will be part of the Water Engineering and Management (WEM) group, a team of approximately 60 academics and PhD’s in the topics of marine, coastal and river systems, sedimentary processes, water footprint and policy studies. For more information on the WEM group: https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/wem/. The postdoc will be supervised by the mentor listed under project description.
Scientists, teachers and students of the University of Twente (UT) feel a responsibility to develop societal relevant solutions, in order to be prepared for an unpredictable and highly changeable future. The coming years, the UT will focus on five scientific themes (link). The Theme “Engineering for a resilient world” brings together researchers from three faculties (ITC, BMS and ET) and started in 2018.
Within this theme, we aim to understand key physical processes in order to design a resilient world. In the first year, we will follow a bottom-up approach in which we identify the main UT-strengths and the most promising challenges for the UT to work on within this theme. Therefore, we aim to write three inter-disciplinary position papers, initiated by 3 Postdoc researchers (appointed for 5 months), on the follow topics:
- Robust infrastructure (supervised by prof. dr. Kathelijne Wijnberg, Faculty of Engineering Technology)
- Water Food Energy Nexus (supervised by Prof. dr. Andy Nelson, Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation)
- Climate adaptation (supervised by prof. dr. Tatiana Filatova, Faculty of Behavioral, Management and Social Sciences)
We search ambitious researchers with a PhD in (civil) engineering, natural sciences, environmental sciences or behavioral sciences and open for inter-disciplinary research on one of the three topics.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information about this vacancy you can contact Dr. Bas Borsje, e-mail: . The selection will take place in the end of March 2019 and the appointment is intended to start at 1 May 2019, or as soon as possible after this date.
Please send your application letter, with a curriculum vitae, references and a list of publications before March 20, 2019 through the button below.
We offer a very challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment.
As a Postdoc you will be offered:
- A Five month position.
- A gross monthly salary between € 3255 and € 4274 gross per month, depending on your education, experience and qualifications.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment.
- A proven pension scheme.
In addition, the University of Twente offers attractive fringe benefits.