Regional Director (South Asia)
The Regional Director provides leadership to the region and contributes to the global leadership of WaterAid. This is achieved by providing strategic direction and guidance to the region’s work, empowering and developing staff and influencing key stakeholders to maximise the impact that improvement to safe water, sanitation and hygiene can make to the poorest and most excluded people. This leadership is undertaken in line with WaterAid’s values, guiding principles and global strategy.
1. Provide leadership and accelerate the momentum of delivering transformative and influential programmes across the South Asia region in line with WaterAid global, regional and country strategies.
2. With the current strategy period coming to an end in 2022, co-lead the development of the global strategy and lead South Asia teams in the development of the next generation country strategies.
3. To lead South Asia teams in line with the organisational principles and values, to be effective and influential in the region and elevate the importance of WASH in the agendas of the key stakeholders.
4. Ensure the successful delivery of the regional strategy and multiyear plans through setting realistic targets, monitoring progress and budgets, providing assurance in terms of quality of programme delivery, capacity development, effective learning and knowledge management and programme monitoring and evaluation.
5. Lead on donor aware and strategy led donor engagement and income growth in line with the regional growth ambition and plans.
6. Build, lead, manage high performing and diverse teams by creating an environment that enables staff to maximise their potential, through empowering and collaborative leadership. Foster a culture of openness and accountability to all stakeholders.
7. Effectively coach and support direct reports in areas such as people development, countries programme, advocacy and funding strategies and multiyear plans, budgeting, planning and reporting processes.
8. Provide the direction and prioritisation of resources within the regional team to effectively support the country programmes.
9. Promote the effective use of resources and good financial management through effective and robust monitoring and reporting mechanisms; support country programmes to proactively identify and secure funding opportunities.
10.Represent WaterAid externally, contribute to the development of a strong WASH sector especially within the region and with relevant global agencies, institutions and platforms. Ensuring WaterAid's vision, mission, values and aims are communicated in a positive and compelling way.
11.Lead on the development of strategic collaboration and relationships at national, regional and continental level to influence policies and practices of others, and learn from their experiences.
12.Contribute fully as a member of the departmental Senior Management Team and global leadership team to support organisational effectiveness and development; engage at the global level on various strategic, thematic and learning priorities as appropriate
13.Represent country programme perspectives to the wider organisation and communicating strategic and operational issues of the region to the wider organisation.
14.Promote a culture of learning and listening that strives for improved practice between country programmes, within the regions and across WaterAid.
15.Facilitate and promote effective communication between and among WaterAid’s members, regional team and country programmes.
16.Develop thorough understanding of the external environment WaterAid operates in, identify opportunities and manage risk including ensuring appropriate health and safety and security procedures are in place.