Australia nationals: Groundwater Specialist/Hydrogeologist
- $80,882 - $91,833 per annum plus superannuation
- Heritage, Reed and Marine Division
- Darwin, NT
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of leading edge research and analysis which contributes to mining rehabilitation and environmental protection in the pristine Alligator Rivers Region of the Northern Territory.
The Supervising Scientist Branch (SSB) is part of the Department of the Environment and Energy’s Heritage, Reef and Marine Division. Our core functions are:
• to ensure the protection of the Alligator Rivers Region from the effects of uranium mining and encourage best practice in wetland conservation and management
• to protect the environment through environmental research and monitoring, environmental supervision, audit and inspection.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated candidate with groundwater assessment/hydrogeological skills and relevant demonstrated experience to oversee our groundwater assessment and advice activities.
Duties will include:
• Coordination of internal and external specialist reviews and preparation of assessment reports on mining and rehabilitation plans, reports and proposal.
• Engagement with specialist consultants and staff from other government agencies on complex hydrogeological matters, including management of external contracts.
• Participation in mine supervision and assessment activities including mine site inspections, stakeholder meetings, incident investigations and provision of advice on groundwater issues (externally and internally).
• Provide advice to assist in the Supervising Scientist’s research program, undertake desk-top and field-based hydrogeological investigations, carry out detailed hydrogeological data analyses and contribute to scientific reports.
• Assisting with internal and external communication and management of key groundwater issues, with a focus on groundwater management and mitigation strategies to prevent environmental impacts.
Qualifications and/or substantial experience in hydrogeology, hydrogeochemistry or contaminated sites assessment relevant to the assessment of mining-related groundwater impacts is required.
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the "begin" button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form Opens in new window