Entry Level International Development Professional
The Cadmus Group is currently seeking an entry-level professional to support research analyst-level technical and administrative work for our International Development + Environment Practice. The Practice supports the environmentally and socially sound design and implementation of international development projects.
- Conduct research, analysis, translation, copyedit, document production, and writing to support the completion of technical products and deliverables in the areas of environment, health and safety compliance and management, environmental and social impact assessments, climate risk and vulnerability assessments, and/or related training workshops and materials development;
- Support project and financial management controls and processes, including fulfillment of internal and client cost and activity tracking and reporting requirements, liaising with Cadmus Contracts and Accounting staff, and assisting project managers in managing administrative/financial engagement with subcontractors;
- As directed, support client outreach and engagement in support of technical assignments and/or administrative actions; and
- Support new business opportunity screening in line with the practice’s business development strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Environmental, Earth, or Climate Sciences; Natural Resources Management; Environmental or Development economics, Public Health, Environmental Engineering; International Relations; Agriculture; or Social Sciences with a clear focus in international development, or a related discipline;
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communications skills, and be able to quickly and accurately synthesize complex issues or scenarios for internal and client audiences;
- Field-based international development experience gained through an academic, professional, or volunteer capacity; and
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of programs, particularly Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experience completing project management tasks;
- Successful completion of an internship in a business/management consulting, environmental management, or government services setting;
- Facility in Arabic, Spanish, French, or Portuguese (Foreign Service Institute Level S2 & R2, or equivalent).
- Experience conducting Geographic Information System (GIS) analysis and mapping, particularly using ArcGIS
- Familiarity with Google suite of programs, particularly Docs, Sheets, Sites, and Calendar
The position will be based in our Bethesda, MD or Waltham, MA office
Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter with their resume.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran's status, or disability.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com