Associate Director Climate Solutions
- Join the team that truly makes a difference!
- Flourish in this high profile team
- Docklands location
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
If you're ready to take your next step, the opportunity starts right here.
About the role
Climate change is one of society's most pressing challenges with significant regulatory, risk, reputation and customer implications. NAB has a key role to play in the transition to a low carbon economy and building resilience to climate change. This role is critical to coordinating and expanding efforts across the enterprise, maintaining NAB's leadership position and serving our customers in new ways.
What you’ll be doing
The Associate Director (AD), Climate Solutions is a key subject matter expert with a significant advisory role across the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Broad scope to shape NAB's climate change strategy through the Climate Change Working Group and exploring new areas of focus
- Provide strategic advice and build capability among key teams to develop appropriate products and services that will mitigate the impacts of climate change and adapt to inevitable changes
- Develop and lead NAB's approach to enabling a just transition in Australia
- Integrate Corporate Responsibility’s tools and approaches to address climate change
- Proactively manage risk, meeting all policy and compliance requirements
What you’ll bring
The role is a highly specialised one, and requires someone with outstanding verbal and communication skills. Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline, your superb stakeholder management skills are second to none and you can also demonstrate the following:
- Strong professional experience in climate change policy, product development, research or advocacy
- Experience working across sectors (i.e. government, business, research and NFPs)
- Exceptional ability to present effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Resourcefulness, with a strong track record of managing disparate stakeholders
- Strategic mindset and strong business acumen with an absolute passion for driving transformative change in society through leveraging the power of business
What we can offer
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. You can learn more about these at http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangement to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we service.
Have a chat to us about how our support of workplace flexibility can work for you.
How to apply
It truly is an exciting time to be coming on board and contributing to our organisation. Are you ready to make that leap and jump on board? If so, apply now!
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 25 Feb 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Mar 2019 5:00 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time