Consultant: Evaluation of Soil and Water Management Work
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) invites professional evaluator(s) to express their interest to conduct an evaluation of soil and water management work carried out in Ethiopia under the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE).
Experienced individual evaluators, consulting organizations, or a combination of individuals and/or consulting organizations, whether for-profit, non-profit, or academic institutions are eligible to apply for this consultancy.
For the detailed Terms of Reference, view:
Closing Date: 23:30 GMT on March 20, 2019 (Wednesday)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should provide a brief EOI, no more than four single-spaced pages, which includes the following information:
- Name of Principal Investigator(s).
- Registered address, legal status, and e-mail address of the consulting organization.
- Contact person (name, title, phone number, Skype ID, e-mail address).
- Experience with R4D outcome evaluations.
- Experience with CGIAR.
- The general approach and methods recommended to accomplish the overall purpose and objectives of the WLE outcome evaluation, including the number of days needed to complete the assignment.
- Daily rate and anticipated total budget
- Availability to start in April 2019.
- Contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted, if you are short-listed for the consultancy.
- Full curriculum vitae of the Principal Evaluator and brief curriculum vitaes of members of the evaluating team.
In addition, all applicants should disclose all contractual or financial relationships with IWMI.
The Lead Evaluator should have the following qualifications:
- Proven knowledge and experience in the evaluation of large, complex research-for-development programs.
- Experience in using mixed methods to answer evaluative questions.
- A particular strength in theory-based evaluation design.
- A record of publications related to research-for-development evaluation.
- A recognized evaluator in the field of evaluation.
- Experience of working in Africa.