Cesvi is an Italian international NGO with its headquarters in Bergamo – Italy and a global presence in 25 low-income countries. Cesvi has been working in Pakistan since 2015, supporting low income and disaster prone and affected communities in Sindh, Punjab, KPK, and Tribal districts (formerly FATA).
Cesvi is looking for a qualified, self-motivated and experienced individual to fill the following mid-level position based in Islamabad with field missions to program areas in Sindh and the Tribal Districts of KP (formerly FATA).
Based in Islamabad Office. (with Frequent travel to Sindh, KP & Tribal Districts Formerly FATA)
Bottom of Form
I. JOB SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Program Manager and Head of Mission and in close coordination with the program and technical staff, the WASH Coordinator will work at the implementation of the following activities:
· Develop guidelines for implementing partner as per project requirement to implement the project at the filed level and to achieve the target as per set indicators.
· Development of implementation strategies regarding WASH component and hygiene promotion intervention in multiple project(s).
· keep himself/herself up-to-date on sectorial working groups’ and local authorities’ news, reports, recommendations, requirements, etc.
· Based on an accurate knowledge of Cesvi mandate and country strategy, the Wash Coordinator will be requested - during the implementation of the field activities and any other phase of the implementation of the project - to help the senior team find and propose areas and sectors for possible future interventions. As part of this activity, the WASH Coordinator will be requested to contribute to the design, planning, organization, and implementation of data-collection surveys.
· Collect information, related to his/her specific sector, from different sources (available publications, field surveys, internet, colleagues, etc.) and with different methods (including direct interviews); verify their reliability; elaborate, organize and archive them in a suitable format - to be agreed with the Project Co-coordinator - accessible to project staff
· Contribute to design and revise questionnaires and other tools for the data collection
· Based on an accurate knowledge of Cesvi projects’ rational, goals, expected results / indicators / sources of information, the Wash Coordinator will be requested to support the Program staff in the design, organization, and implementation of monitoring campaigns and the collection of information for the updating of the indicators.
· Prepare a final report on the activities under his/her responsibilities, including notes on methodology, tools, target groups, achievements, lessons learned, guidelines, impact evaluation, Case studies.
· In general, the WASH Coordinator will be requested to maintain a good knowledge of Cesvi internal rules, Human Resources policy, codes of conduct, official Internal Communications.
· Design, plan and organize “Hygiene awareness & promotion campaigns in multiple projects.
· Coordinate the action with the other actors involved (trainees, community representatives, local authorities, other project units, etc.)
· Collect, evaluate and revise existing - or produce new IEC material - documentation (brochures, manuals, etc.) to be used and distributed to trainees during campaigns and hygiene awareness & promotion activities.
· Train and instruct relevant WASH staff on contents and methods of hygiene promotion campaigns, techniques of dissemination of good hygiene behavior and best practices of domestic water use and sanitation
· Train and instruct village-based volunteer hygiene promoters
· To develop manual(s) on hygiene promotion activities focusing on TOT for local NGO partner staff.
· To conduct ToT on hygiene awareness activities to build the capacity of local NGO partner(s) staff for further delivering of hygiene awareness sessions at communities.
Monitoring and Reporting:
· Ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review outcomes of WASH interventions and progress against action plans; including an analytical interpretation of best available information in order to benchmark progress over time.
monitoring indicators: quantity, quality, coverage, continuity, and cost; with target population data disaggregated by sex, age, etc.
· Ensure adequate WASH outcome reporting and effective information sharing (with supervisors, donors, relevant authorities other partner support) to demonstrate closing the gaps.
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Hydrology, Public Health, Civil Engineer, or WASH-related areas
Expertise in Water, Waste-Water, Hygiene, and Engineering.
At least 5 years of experience in the WASH sector, and experience in the Humanitarian Sector
At least 3 years of experience of working in KP & Tribal Districts (formerly FATA)
· Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task, ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast-paced fluid environment.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors, and other relevant stakeholders.
· Creative and flexible with problem-solving skills.
· Strategic planning & Leadership skills.
· Demonstrated professionalism and diplomacy.
· Ability to confidently represent oneself to high-level officials.
· People management particularly coaching and influence management.
B) TECHNICAL SKILLS:
· Knowledge of humanitarian reform principles, international humanitarian laws.
· Knowledge of the Sector approach guidelines and terms of Reference (and knowledge of how to apply them).
· Knowledge of sector participants (their mandates, capacities, attitudes, limitations,) and how to integrate them into the sector approach.
· Ability to use and adapt sector coordination tools (e.g. stakeholder mapping, IM tools, Need-Capacity-Resource Mapping, Contingency planning. Knowledge of the WASH sector as a whole and its priority issues; an ability to strategize how these sectoral needs are met through collective delivery.
- Competency MS Office and use of statistical packages like Excel, Access, SPSS and program management tools, and procedures.
· Budgetary control and financial management, including the ability to understand financial data.
· Project management skills.
III. WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
The post is located in Islamabad occasional field travel to project sites in Sindh, KP & FATA.
08 months (extendable)
How to apply:
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this senior level position, Please apply with electronically by sending your resume (strictly not more than 3-pages) and cover letter (strictly not more than 02 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org and Kindly indicate job title in the subject line on the e-mail.
While we thank all applicants for their interested, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Interviews will be held in Islamabad. TA/DA for the interview will not be covered by Cesvi. Cesvi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages those from diverse backgrounds to apply. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.cesvi.eu
Deadline for applications is 13th March 2019 23:59 hrs. PST
Do not wait for the deadline as Application will be processed on a rolling basis. Please mention at least two recent professional references in a resume, one of them being your present or previous supervisor.