AECOM Graduate Opportunities 2019
AECOM is a global organisation conducting the majority of our business in English so please submit your CV & Cover Letter in English.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
We are a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges. Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We are recruiting graduates into our Civil Infrastructure & Environment business lines in Stockholm, with opportunities in our Transportation Engineering & Water Engineering teams, and Environmental disciplines. We are looking for graduates from a wide range of disciplines including Civil, Geotechnical & Structural Engineering, and Environmental Disciplines. The specific teams we are likely to be recruiting into include:
- Bridge & Structures Engineering (civil & structural)
- Roads Engineering (civil)
- Water & Drainage Engineering (civil)
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
After joining AECOM in Continental Europe, together with your fellow graduates, you will be entering an exciting, 18 months graduate development program called ‘’ADVANCE’’. This program is set up to introduce you to our core business and values, to learn new skills, and to support your personal growth and career development. ‘’ADVANCE’’ covers a broad range of technical and skills modules such as, Client Relationships, Project Management and Finance, Contracts, Presentation Skills and Emotional Intelligence and provides the opportunity to build networks with your peers, managers and experts.
Please attach your up to date CV, and Cover Letter demonstrating how your skills & experience make you the ideal candidate for this position, and which team(s) you are most interested in.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering, or Environmental related disciplines
- Must have less than 6 months post-graduation work experience
- Fluent in written & verbal English and Swedish
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills
- Willing and able to work towards a professional qualification
- Demonstrable interest in Bridges, Roads, Water, Environment, or Ground Engineering
- Capability to satisfy client and business expectations and be able to consider the wider financial and commercial implications of their actions.
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing.
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Vacation Student / Internship / Graduate
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 207841BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.