U.S. nationals: Hydrologist
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $50,598 (Step 01) to $65,778 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
There is one vacancy; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
This vacancy is also being advertised to federal employees under Announcement# SAC-2019-0122.
Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologist within the Idaho Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Serves as a Project Chief or senior project member for complete hydrologic investigations by planning, conducting, and reporting on interpretive studies that typically require modification of established techniques or procedures and extensive collection, interpretation, analysis, and evaluation of hydrologic data.
- Develops approaches, standards, methods, guides, and procedures for conducting the interpretive study and provides advice, interpretation, and training to other professionals in the application or modification of established standards, methods, and procedures to ensure adequate treatment and thorough consideration of anomalous study conditions or situations.
- Prepares reports of findings for complete hydrologic interpretive studies summarizing the results of hydrologic investigations and technically reviews parts of reports prepared by project team members.
- Develops project proposals or descriptions that summarize critical information relating to the objective, approach, funding, and expected results of proposed investigations, and defends recommendations for initiation of new projects to higher level management.
- Directs the work of technicians and lower grade scientists serving as members of project teams in the collection and analysis of hydrologic information collected.
*Above duties are for the GS-11 level. For the lower grade levels, incumbent will perform a wide range of tasks described in the above duties, but at a lower level of work designed to further develop and refine the knowledge and skills of the incumbent.