Program Development Intern
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
********************Winrock International Welcomes Applicants from all geographic regions of the world. If you do not have a five digit zip code in your region, please populate the zip code prompt with 11111 to proceed.
CATEGORY U.S. Based
POSITION TITLE: Program Development Intern
GROUP: Forestry and Natural Resource Management (FNRM)
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
REPORTS TO: Associate Director
STATUS: Part or full-time, non-exempt
The CEEW internship is a minimum 6-month, part to full-time paid internship. The internship requires an energetic, detail-oriented person who can contribute to tasks related to program development/new business.
- Conduct market analysis to identify new and diverse opportunities for Winrock’s CEEW team to pursue.
- Support proposal development through the proactive preparation of a series of capabilities statements.
- Supporting proposal teams with live bids. This will include research, document management, and meeting organization.
- Tailoring CVs, supporting recruitment/staffing processes, and other roles.
- Assist with database updates and intel-gathering on prospective opportunities.
- Other new business research/operational assistance, as needed and available.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Candidates should be a graduate- or upperclassmen undergraduate-level students in a field relevant to international development. Candidates with an obvious focus on areas relevant to CEEW’s work (forestry, ecology, energy, water, environment policy) are preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- International experience preferred.
- Exceptional writing and other communications skills required.
- Experience writing or contributing to grant applications/proposals preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to think critically and work independently are a must.
- Commitment to pursuing a career in international development strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) strongly desired.
Applicants must not require employer sponsorship.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, caste, tribe, age (40 or older), disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.