Water Commissioner (GMP Water Manager)
The Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Division of Water Resources is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Water Commissioner (GMP Water Manager). This is a non-classified, full-time position within the Division of Water Resources (Division) located in Eureka, Nevada.
Under direction of the State Engineer, the Water Manager shall manage the implementation of the Diamond Valley Groundwater Management Plan (GMP) which intends to bring stabilization and sustainable water use to the groundwater resource in Diamond Valley, Basin 153. This position has the overall responsibility for protection, preservation, implementation and management of the GMP and related work as required.
The GMP Water Manager will actively manage the GMP as follows:
- Manage water use according to the GMP and under the direction of State Engineer;
- Respond to complaints associated with water use (and alleged misuse) in Diamond Valley. This involves working in the field and requires knowledge of individual water rights, Nevada Water Law, water uses, administrative rules and agency policies. If violations are observed, documentation is prepared to begin administrative or judicial action. The GMP Water Manager may be required to testify accurately to the facts during associated hearings.
- Collect, compile, analyze and interpret hydrologic data. This includes but is not limited to taking flow measurements with complex instruments, troubleshooting, ensuring water meter accuracy, measuring water levels in wells, and performing hydrologic analysis on data collected.
- Prepare budgets and track expenses for the State Engineer under the GMP, including any grant funding received, including preparation of vouchers and invoices to the appropriate entity for payment of invoices received or service rendered.
- Develop, promote, and implement water management programs to assist in the restoration, conservation, and protection of groundwater in Diamond Valley in order to ensure the long-term sustainability of the water resource.
Please see "To Apply" link for more information.