Job title: Project Manager
Location: Nashik, Maharashtra
Reporting to: Regional Manager-West
Reporting from: Capacity Building Coordinator, Technical and M&E coordinator and Project Officer
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAidInternational and used the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) focuses on the poorer states in the country to better target India's most vulnerable communities. The head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more through our influencing work. WAI is initiating a time bound project titled “Promoting WASH compliant Ashramshalas” specifically focusing on strengthening WASH in Ashramshalas run by the Tribal Development Department in Maharashtra. The project aims to work very closely with the Government of Maharashtra and demonstrate models of WASH secure and WASH compliant Ashramshalas.
Contract Duration: 1 year
- Lead and manage the team to ensure objectives of the project are met effectively within the desired timeline.
- Provide guidance and supervise project implementation through partners.
- Working with WaterAid’s communications Team (through the Regional Manager) to ensure effective documentation of the work being implemented,
- Take lead in conceptualizing and organizing state/ district level consultations /workshops / conferences as required in the project
- Lead, manage and motivate the team, creating an environment that enables staff to maximise their potential and facilitates high performing teams
- Produce high quality report to be shared with the donors and other stakeholders
- Establish and maintain excellent working relations with the concerned government departments in the districts of intervention
4. Eligibilities and requirements
- Post-graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: social sciences, civil engineering, international development, economics, water/natural resource management, environment, social policy; additional qualification in water, sanitation, hygiene education will be an added advantage
- Between 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context.
- Experience of working on WASH issues in Schools will be an added advantage
- Experience in coordinating/dialoguing with state and district administration
- Sound understanding of issues pertaining to school WASH
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, both written and oral, in English, Hindi and Marathi
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively
- Prioritise set and meet deadlines
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention in subject line “Project Manager - Nashik”.
- Completed applications should be sent to . Closing date: 13th March 2019
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.