Dillon Consulting Limited is a well-established, employee-owned, professional consulting firm which operates across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Climate Change Specialist (Senior or Intermediate) in any of our Ontario offices including Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kitchener, London, Chatham and Windsor.
- Work with and contribution to teams providing technical advice associated with climate change to public and private sector clients related to managing reputational, financial and operational risk
- Management and completion of technical projects related to climate change including:
- Climate adaption planning and processes
- Extreme weather risk and vulnerability assessment
- Contribution to development of strong client relationships through network building, ongoing client interaction and the delivery of quality solutions
- Contribution to Dillon’s climate change business development activities including proposal preparation and client presentations
- Contribution to growth of an internal team of climate change specialists and development of that team by providing direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contribution to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees, and periodic participation and presentations at industry/professional conferences
- Travel to client locations and/or other Dillon offices for the purposes of executing your responsibilities, internal/external client relationship development, opportunity/project research, acquisition and project delivery
- A degree in environmental sciences, environmental studies, engineering, geography or a related field, preferably at the Master’s level
- Certifications related to risk management or climate change risk assessment would be an asset (i.e. IRP, CRM)
- 10 + years’ experience as a climate change specialist, preferably in the consulting industry
- Technical understanding of the risks related to climate change and extreme weather events
- Proven business development skills with demonstrated experience in securing sustainable revenue and fostering client relationships
- Proven experience guiding clients to balanced solutions in managing the risks and vulnerabilities related to climate change
- Demonstrated abilities leading and contributing to multidisciplinary project teams
- Strong communication, report writing, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated experience growing teams
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits, and a generous retirement savings plan.