Student Assistant Water Resources Technician
18-Week Contract Starting May 2018 (Pending Funding)
Summary of Duties
The Assistant Water Resources Technician holds an important organizational role as a team member responsible for assisting with the program implementation of the Water Resources Department. This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Hiring is subject to CSJ program funding and rules: candidates must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, be legally entitled to work in Canada and be between the ages of 15 and 30.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Water Resources Technician will assist with the collection, entry, and analysis of water resources data. Data may be related to one or more of the following: groundwater, surface water, geomorphology, meteorology, water quality (benthics and chemistry), and water quantity. Specialized equipment will be used and maintained in the collection of the data.
- Knowledge and interest in the area of Environmental Science / Water Resources;
- Good understanding of computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Power Point and Word);
- Willing to work outdoors, in different or adverse environmental conditions;
- Self-motivated and can take initiative for assigned work;
- Must possess a valid Ministry of Transportation Class “G” driver’s license;
- Must be able to work safely in accordance with the NPCA Health and Safety Policies
Salary Range: $14.50/ hour (35 hours per week)
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019 – 4pm
Please apply on-line at: www.npca.ca/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace.
We can provide accommodation for a disability in all employment activities, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation, please contact [email protected] npca.ca.
Job Type: Contract