**One Year Limited Term Position**
Share Big Dreams
At World Vision, we’re sharing a big dream for children. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends—life in all its fullness.
We want the same for our staff: big dreams, a career of significance, and fullness of life. Share your skills and experience in athletic fundraising so you can share a full life with children in need.
Team World Vision is looking for a Project Manager.
The World Vision Global 6K for Water is Team World Vision’s fastest growing program. It reaches partners, participants and donors all around the world and activates them for a one day event that brings clean water to children and communities in Africa.
The Global 6K Project Manager will work closely with the Marketing Director and Manager of Operations of the 6K to ensure the cohesiveness and on time implementation of the event. Just as World Vision reaches out to serve millions of people in millions of different ways, this Project Manager position spans a broad range of responsibilities. They will be responsible for managing the timelines and deliverables of the event that include working with internal groups, outside vendors and church partnerships.
We are looking for someone who has project management experience, a pioneering spirit and loves working in a fast paced environment focused on bringing help to children and communities in Africa. View our Global 6K Video
Scope of Position: Manage projects on behalf of division, establishing priorities for complete project life-cycle including the planning, design, testing, and implementation of projects designed to meet requirements of business clients. Oversee the work of project teams. May participate in the completion of corporate-wide projects, with responsibility for assigned components of the project. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Responsible for the outcome of projects with varying size and scope that may have designated budgets. Oversee the entire project life cycle including the planning, design, testing, and project implementation.
- Confirm clients’ needs and project goals, develop project master schedule, negotiating as needed with external contractors, and WVUS staff and leadership regarding resource availability and timelines.
- Define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget and personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining the master schedule and for on-time, on-budget project completion.
- Manage resources required for the success of the project.
- Manage project related work efforts of contractors and internal WVUS staff members.
- May participate in the completion of corporate-wide projects, with responsibility of assigned components of overall project as required.
- When applicable, manage project budget, modifying budget as needed and ensuring expenses do not exceed agreed upon budget.
- Provide reporting on project progress to senior management and clients, ensuring any changes to budget, resources and risk are communicated in a timely way.
- Ensure accurate documentation of project results.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
Share a full life with children in need.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (eight years). In addition to education or education equivalent, requires 3-5 years work experience in project management or related field. Work experience must include at least one year of previous project leadership experience. Project management certification preferred.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to thrive in innovative, creative environment essential.
- Race or event management experience preferred.
** In rare cases, Limited Term positions may convert to Full Time based on the needs of the business.
- Job Location
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Position Type
Project Manager (Global 6K for Water)
Chicago, IL, US