- Manage projects from cradle to grave, including budget management, with a professional project management approach.
- Compile proposals for simple to medium complexity projects.
- Active liaison with clients to culture relationships and encourage ongoing work.
- Clear and accurate report writing, evaluation of reports and verification of data and input received from specialists.
- Able to provide accurate and professional technical advice internally and externally.
- Sound knowledge in environmental legislation including mineral tenure and process understanding – not limited to South African Legislation.
- Extensive knowledge on Water Use License Applications and the generation of supporting documentation required including, but not limited to water balances, monitoring and Integrated Waste and Water Management Plans.
- Extensive knowledge on mine rehabilitation and closure planning (Financial evaluations, assessments, plans & risks).
- Contribute to and where required manage EIA’s and EMP's through the full process as well as assist with Prospecting and Mining Right/Permit Applications.
- Internal systems (MSA Way) expert and a diligent applier, improver and facilitator of these systems / processes.
- Assist clients with Environmental Strategic Development – risks & optimal mitigating measures.
- Be able to conduct environmental audits, inspections and reviews.
- Experienced in Due Diligence processes and be able to materially contribute/participate.
- Have an understanding and experience base in the Mining and the Oil and Gas sectors (is an advantage).
- Working knowledge of Equator Principals, World Bank standards, International Finance requirements (IFC), ISO14001management systems.
- GIS understanding and basic operation and application.
- Knowledge of and how to conduct community consultations and liaise with government.
- Strong ethical position regarding conflicts of interest.
- Provide input with regards to strategic planning initiatives – environmental and companywide.
The candidate must possess the following attributes:
- 7+ years of environmental consulting experience
- Must be a registered professional (SACNASP or other)
- Post graduate degree in Environmental Sciences/Ecology/Earth Science/Water or similar required
- Additional studies in Business Finance/Administration/International Finance requirements additionally preferred.
- EAP (Environmental Assessment Practitioner), ISO 14001 capability strongly preferred,
- Work experience: Within an environmental consulting firm a must
- Demonstrable thought leadership and understanding of environmental consulting topics, including:
- Land use planning, development, rehabilitation and mine closure
- Water resource management, conservation and utilization
- Waste management and pollution control
- Mining environmental management
- Health and Safety environmental factors
- Environmental Risk Assessment & Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA),
- Environmental Management systems i.e. ISO 14001
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and experience, ideally gained in the consulting sector although other sectors could be relevant.
- Experience in leading multiple projects from inception to completion with high quality of delivery in a complex and challenging environment.
- Smart, collaborative, relationship and outcome focused with the ability to make decisions where ambiguity exists.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in the prioritization of competing work assignments, escalation of issues and the formulation of solutions.
- Effective organization skills with attention to detail and delivery of high-quality documentation with the ability to implement/influence change.
- Strong sense of business ethics and principles.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- Occasional travel required.
- Preference will be given to EE candidates.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- Minimum Post Graduate Qualification in the relevant field (i.e Environmental Sciences)
Salary Range: Market related
Contact Person: Zakiyya Gani
Contact Phone: 011 880 4209
Contact Fax: N/A
Advert End Date: 14 March 2019