U.S. nationals: Hydrologic Technician
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- GS-04: $29,847 (Step 01) to $38,798 (Step 10)
- GS-05: $33,394 (Step 01) to $43,414 (Step 10)
- GS-06: $37,223 (Step 01) to $48,385 (Step 10)
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologic Technician within the Dakota Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Install, maintain and is proficient with a wide variety of instrumentation and equipment at gaging stations.
- Collect and process field data.
- Compile, compute and quality assure hydrologic data in compliance with Continuous Records Processing requirements.
- Participate on assignments outside of customarily assigned data collection and analysis duties.
- Driving will be a regular part of the position.
The work requires some physical exertion such as: long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activity; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items weighing less than 23 kilograms (under 50 pounds) such as lifting and carrying stream gauging weights, data collection and monitoring devices, or sample trays.
The work regularly involves moderate risks or discomforts associated with visiting field sites with limited access, under adverse weather or flooding conditions, or exposure to irritant or toxic chemicals. Work may require the use of special clothing or gear such as masks, coats, boots, goggles, respirators, or life jackets.