U.S nationals: Hydrologist
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
GS-09: $50,598 (Step 01) to $65,778 (Step 10)
GS-11: $61,218 (Step 01) to $79,586 (Step 10)
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologist within the New England Water Science Center, August, ME office, some of your specific duties will include:
- Participates on hydrologic studies of considerable scope and complexity.
- Plans, conducts, and reports assigned parts of hydrologic interpretive studies.
- Directs the work of technicians and lower graded scientists in the collection and analysis of hydrologic information.
- Conceives new approaches or modifies existing methods of collecting, analyzing, and interpreting hydrologic information collected.
- Operates a government motor vehicle as an incidental driver.
- Work includes field portions of project work and requires walking, lifting, and wading in water during possibly inclement weather.