People’s Action for National Integration – PANI, is a social development organization working in underdeveloped regions of Uttar Pradesh in India over 33 years to create positive and enduring change in lives of communities living in abject poverty and undue inequality. It was founded in 1986 and registered in 1989. Its genesis is deeply rooted in Gandhian thought of rural development. Therefore the Gandhian ideology of integrated rural reconstruction is the key guiding principle. PANI does this through implementing well contemplated and intended programmes in Child Development, Health, Nutrition & WASH, Sustainable Livelihoods, Gender and Governance, Natural Resource Management and Climate Change themes. The core of the program implementation lies in community action and empowerment of powerless.
Position: Subject Matter Specialist (Water Conservation): Livelihood program
Total number of positions: 1
Location: Balrampur District of Uttar Pradesh
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post Graduate degree in Agriculture /B.Tech Agriculture with specialization in Soil and water conservation /Agronomy.
- At least 3 to 5 years experience of water intensive agriculture livelihood program as Subject Matter Specialist (Water Conservation).
- Working experience in Uttar Pradesh .
Note: We are equal opportunity organization and encourage to women candidates apply for positions.
Salary: Rs.45000 per month including EPF
- Provide technical inputs to program management team & handhold support to CRPs & FRC for water saving demonstration / practices and their adoptions.
- Preparation of action plan of different water saving technology / practices in different crops including MIS, results, marketing, inputs & fallow up actions.
- Monitor water calculation tracking mechanism & their follow up in different crop
- Developing data base of existing capacity of staff (bench marking of capacity) in line to water conservation practices & calculation.
Applications consisting cover letter and CV (with names of two references) should be sent to Please mention the name of the position in the subject line” SMS Water Conservation “ of your email.
Last date for sending the job application: 15 March 2019