Senior Environmental Consultant/Regional Coordinator for East Africa
With offices in Australia, China, Lao PDR, Senegal, Rwanda and the UK, Earth Systems is an environmental science and engineering company for highly motivated, ambitious professionals who are passionate about their work.
The company develops and implements innovative and effective environmental, water, energy and sustainability solutions, providing specialist advice and hands-on capabilities in a diverse range of sectors related to environmental engineering, assessment and management.
We are currently seeking to employ an environmental professional with specialist knowledge in environmental management, alongside project and staff management experience to provide a leadership role within the company’s Rwanda office.
In this role you will be responsible for supervising the delivery of a wide range of interesting environmental management and assessment consultancy projects for public and private sector clients both within Rwanda and elsewhere in the East Africa region. Example projects include ESIAs, ESMMPs, ecological surveys and Biodiveristy Action Plans, socioeconomic surveys and management plans, hydrological modelling and water quality assessments for a range of sectors including infrastructure, transport, mining, conservation and renewable energy. The opportunity is for people with some regional or developing country experience, a demonstrated track record of technical report writing within a relevant field, and an interest in securing and delivering projects to a high standard.
The successful applicant will:
- Have relevant post-graduate tertiary qualification(s) and membership to relevant professional body(ies);
- Have a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience which may include the fields of EIA, environmental and social management, ecology, environmental engineering, renewable energy and/or social/health assessment;
- Proven project and people management experience;
- Be able to identify and develop new regional opportunities and clients for Earth Systems;
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities across the spectrum of their responsibilities and deliver projects to a high technical standard;
- Have the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team;
- Have exceptional written and verbal English language communication skills (proficiency in a second language will be highly regarded);
- Be passionate about the environment and their technical field of expertise; and
- Have an interest in / be able to travel internationally.
The position will be based in the Kigali office, with significant opportunities to work and travel within the East Africa region and overseas. An attractive salary package will be provided depending on experience. Intrested applicants should submit a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For any enquiries regarding the post please contact Daniel McGahey +44 (0) 749806 0114.
Further information about Earth Systems can be found at www.earthsystemseurope.com.