CARE is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) project in Madagascar. International relocation and allowances may be available. This position is contingent on project award and funding.
- Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administra-tive priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
- Build partnerships among international, national, and community-level stakeholders
- Represent the project at high-level meetings and conferences.
- Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical field.
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible international work experience managing water development programs, including WASH, productive water use, multiple water ser-vice, database management, etc.
- Prior supervisory work experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, and M&E of similar-sized international do-nor-supported programs. Experience with USAID preferred.
- Professional working proficiency in English and French.