Job no: 499154
Work type: Consultancy
Location: United States of America
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Background & Rationale
In 2015, UNICEF WASH Programme delivered results of 107 countries with an expenditure of almost a billion dollars ($868 million in 2015, an increase of 19 per cent from 2014). UNICEF continues to scale up its activities by focusing on strengthening the Enabling Environment (EE) in countries for WASH services delivery, adopting innovation practices, by improving evidence based data collection, especially real time monitoring, to effectively manage results for children.
To ensure coherence in the application of the different enabling environment tools approaches as well as alignment with SDG 6 and UNICEF WASH Strategy 2030, WASH Enabling Environment Package ( consisting of guidance note, online platform, yammer group, face to face and eLearning) has been developed to build capacity of UNICEF staff and sector partners to effectively engage in EE work to build government capacity that will ensure sustained WASH services delivery.
The purpose of the consultancy is to support (i) the rolling out of the WASH EE platform, specifically the functioning and maintenance for user; (Ii) interfacing with the UNICEF Innovation team on real time monitoring (U Report and RapidPro); and global review and analysis of results for the preparation of reports.
Expected results: (measurable results)
- WASH EE Platform library, categorizing and tagging its components, and bringing it up to date on issues and discussions
- All WASH EE trainings regulated on the online platform and addition of new available material/follow up courses enabled and supported;
- Direct queries concerning the EE platform and trainings responded and addressed in a timely manner and inquires shared with WASH professionals.
- Information and discussion on the WASH EE Yammer network/platform managed , facilitated and exchanged
- Collaboration with UNICEF Innovation team to collect and analyze U Reports on WASH results monitoring established;
- Regional and Country data on CPD and analyze the trend toward achieving SDGs in the countries gathered; and, countries/Regional Offices data for global WASH Annual Report on results, strategies, and funding.
Consultant will be based in UNICEF Headquarters in New York.
Start date: 01 November 2016 End date: 31 July 2017
Key competences, technical background, and experience required Deadline
- First degree in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene, Education or Social Sciences, with specific knowledge and expertise in survival, growth and development of children
- 3 years professional experience in developing country contexts, especially in WASH
- Familiarity with UNICEF WASH Enabling Environment strengthening package
- Familiarity with UNICEF mission, mandate, strategic plan as well as approach to WASH
- Experience in analysis of development programmes, reviewing and summarising qualitative information and report writing
- Experience in developing resources and materials from the perspective of programme design and implementation
- Experience in preparing and delivering webinars
- Specific experience in writing analysing large data and information from different sources to prepare report
- Highly proficient in use of English with the ability to write in a clear and practical manner
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter,
- CV, and
- P-11 form
 P 11 form can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time