Somalia nationals: WASH Project Officer
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Manager with technical support from Programme Manager
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia with a current staff complement of approximately 450 staff and current expenditure of approximately GBP 30 million each year
Staff directly reporting to this post: WASH Assistant.
Contract Duration: 10 Months with the possibility of extension
Location: Kismayo- Somalia
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in public health, social science and Community development.
· Minimum 3 years of Experience in implementing and coordinating hygiene promotion activities, including programme design, implementation and evaluation.
· Ability to write clear, well-argued assessment and project reports, and assist in preparing successful funding proposals for donors relevant to hygiene promotion
· Monitoring and evaluation skills including knowledge on KAP surveys
· Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation
· Excellent communication skills
· Capacity to supervise, train and coach national staff.
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SCI In particular, a good understanding of the SCI mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
· Commitment to SCI Child Protection Policy
· Computer literate
· A moderate level of written and spoken English and good communication skills in Somali
· Experience of and ability to represent SCI work in external meetings.
· Experience of community mobilisations, distributions and hygiene promotion
· Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible, working away from home, and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Influencing skills and experience in advocacy.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Application will be close on 2nd March 2019.