Background / General description:
|IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
|Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for business development and relationship management as well as the full investment life cycle, for investments across the full capital spectrum from senior debt to equity.
The position will be based in Hong Kong in the Infrastructure & Natural Resources Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Industry and company research;
• Creating financial models;
• Analyzing historical and projected financial statements;
• Preparing reports based on financial statements, financial models, project progress reports, and
other information from portfolio or prospective client companies;
• Designing and conducting due diligence;
• Preparing documentation for IFC internal approvals;
• Establishing and maintaining close relationships with client companies to enhance new business
• Participating in investments negotiations and assisting in transaction documentation;
• Conducting industry and market research for business development;
• Participating in the monitoring of existing investments.
|Selection Criteria & Competencies :
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance