Consultant- GIS Expert (One Vacancy)
Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation, Ranchi, Jharkhand
1. POSITION VACANT: Consultant- GIS Expert, Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation, Ranchi, Jharkhand
2. ORGANISATION BACKGROUND:
Bharat Rural Livelihoods Foundation (BRLF) is an independent organization initiated by the Government of India (GOI) under the Societies Registration Act. The organization facilitates civil society action in partnership with the Central and State Governments, for transforming livelihoods and lives of rural households, with emphasis on women, particularly in the Central Indian Tribal Region.
BRLF fosters civil society action in partnership with the Government, for transforming the livelihoods and lives of people across India. The organization focuses on the regeneration of natural resources, increase and harvesting of water for irrigation, promotion of livelihoods, including livestock and off-farm livelihoods, and financial inclusion of women-led SHGs, to transform the lives of the rural poor.
BRLF emphasizes the creation of powerful grassroots institutions led by women, to lead interventions aimed at the poor. The organization works actively through grassroots CSOs, with communities on the ground to reduce the gap between program outlays made by the government and corporations. Program outcomes are achieved by strengthening democratic institutions at the grassroots, improving the quality of program implementation, and scaling-up successful intervention models, so that the poor, particularly tribal households in central India, can escape poverty and deprivation.
For more details about BRLF, please visit https://www.brlf.in/
ABOUT “High Impact Mega-Watershed Project”
BRLF signed an MoU with the Commissioner MGNREGA Cell, Government of Jharkhand, for the implementation of the “High Impact Mega Watershed Project,” on August 28, 2020.
This is a four-year project, being implemented in the 24 most-backward blocks in seven districts of Jharkhand, for improving the lives and livelihoods of 190,000 socio-economically marginalised households. The project is being implemented by 12 CSO partners under the guidance and support of a State Project Management Unit (SPMU). Field implementation of the project commenced on January 1, 2021.
BRLF is looking for a well-experienced professionals to fill the vacancy of Consultant- GIS Expert (CON-GE), based in the SPMU. Established in the state capital, the SPMU provides strategic facilitation support to the CSOs partners implementing the project in different locations. The SPMU work under the supervision and guidance of BRLF and the Commissioner MGNREGA.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Team Leader, the CON-GE shall be responsible for the following.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Store and analyze the data from different sources which means primary and secondary sources like ODK, toposheets, ground data (field surveys) and other open sources;
(2) Create effective maps, charts and other images based on project specific requirements;
(3) Basic knowledge on digitization, Geoprocessing tools etc.;
(4) Support in the development and management of GIS applications that are based on growing and improving project demands;
(5) Oversee data flow, management, and distribution activities that are aimed at supporting GIS; GIS expert should have knowledge on any GIS software like ArcGIS/ QGIS; Performing statistical and image analysis using ArcMap and QGIS;
(6) Provide support and participate in the designing and development of the geospatial database;
(7) Maintain up-to-date and accurate geospatial datasets and stay up to date with the latest developments in the GIS field;
(8) Capacity building of the CSO team members on GIS mapping and other GIS related tools.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Applicants must be Graduate/ Post-Graduate in Civil or Agriculture Engineering/ MBA/ Social Science Or allied fields such as Horticulture, Forestry with good grasp on subject.
(2) Applicants with advance certificate course in GIS mapping will be preferred.
(1) Minimum three to four years of experience in GIS mapping and GIS based watershed planning;
(2) Should have advance knowledge on GIS applications and software (ArcGIS/ QGIS);
Essential Skills and Competencies:
(1) Good communication and writing skills in English and Hindi;
(2) Ability to work in a multi-cultural/ multi-disciplinary team;
(3) Ability to multi-task and work well in such a team;
(4) Willing to travel.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The remuneration package budgeted for the position is INR 42,525/- per month. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. NUMBER OF VACANCIES: One
7. LOCATION(s): Ranchi
8. This is a contractual engagement for a period of six months. The engagement may be renewed/ extended, based on performance and/or requirement of the organization.
9. Age Limit: 40 years
10. REFERENCE: CON-GE-BRLF
11. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
12. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/JOBS/BRLF, by or before April 5, 2022.
BRLF is an equal opportunity organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Candidates may choose their preferred language i.e. either Hindi or English during interviews and written test.