Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Infrastructure Intern collaborates and supports to the Infrastructure staff in technical and administrative aspects.
The Infrastructure Intern will assist the Infrastructure staff with collecting and processing data, literature review and research, preparing summaries and short reports related to planning infrastructure as well as for environmental licensing of infrastructure projects. Likewise, the Infrastructure Intern will support with contacting organizations, assisting event planning, organizing materials and logistics for meetings, workshops or training sessions, taking minutes and preparing meeting summaries for activities of the Infrastructure strategy in Peru. This position will be based in Lima, Peru.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Supporting the Infrastructure staff in daily technical and administrative tasks.
- Experience with collecting, processing, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Conduct literature reviews and research.
- May coordinate the organization and preparation of meetings and workshops, write meeting minutes and summaries.
- Administrative support to the Infrastructure staff includes preparing general correspondence, making travel and workshops arrangements.
- Coordinate administrative support with the administrative analyst of the infrastructure strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree to be obtained or working toward Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to natural or environmental sciences.
- Must be able to prepare technical summary reports and to write business emails.
- Good communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Preferred experience in organization and logistics for workshops and training meetings.
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow instructions from colleagues/coworkers/team members.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks within assigned timeframes, possibly in the absence of supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and internet usage.
- Based in Lima, Peru.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 47404, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on March 19, 2019.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact .