Job Description– Program Manager for Integrated Water Management
Technology Informatics Design Endeavour (TIDE)is a 28-year-old Bangalore based NGO providing technology solutions for societal needs. TIDE is an award-winning NGO and its work encompasses biomass-based cooking / industry solutions, energy efficiency / conservation, climate education, WASH and waste management, technology-based skilling & rural livelihood augmentation, and rural women leadership.
TIDE seeks a full time Program Manager for its ‘Integrated water management in urbanareas as a core task of municipal service of general interest’. This program is being implemented in partnership with the German NGO Bremen Overseas Research and Development Association (BORDA). It follows a three-year cycle and is being simultaneously implemented since January 2021in the Ladakh state in India, and in Bangladesh and Nepal.
In Karnataka the partner towns are Chikkaballapur and Chintamani. Scope of the program isto primarily support City Municipal Council (CMCs) in planning, design, capacity building,technology infusion and other components in Water and Sanitation domain (WASH). A non-financial MoU has been signed with the two CMCs with approval from the Directorate of Municipal Administration (DMA), Karnataka with a validity of three years. In year 1 closing inDecember 2021, the program has undertaken baseline studies of the two towns with respect to WASH, prepared concept notes around potential areas of interventions and initiated interventions in Sewage treatment, Solid waste management, water supply, public toilet improvements to name a few. Alongside, we have conducted trainings for Municipal officials,sanitation workers and council members around WASH technologies, governance, health & hygiene, certifications, etc. We have also initiated outreach efforts through digital repository and workshops. As we move into year 2 starting January 2022, along with interventions, there would be increased focus on knowledge dissemination (through publications, website, workshops),SDG localization efforts and capacity building.
The program manager will take over the responsibility for overall project management, reporting to the Program Director at TIDE and interface with BORDA, CMC and other key stake holders.
High level responsibilities:
• Responsible for over all program management function
• Ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• High level coordination with funder, CMC, DMA, and other project partners for smooth program delivery
• Responsible for providing quality WASH related technical inputs for interventions and ensuring high level knowledge publications
• Manage and motivate the team at TIDE to deliver to their best leveraging individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
• Actively involve in new proposals, business development activities, capacity building and other organizational initiatives in line with program scope
• Any other tasks assigned by the management as per the project requirement
• Experience in urban planning, environment planning or sustainable development program with focus on WASH
• Experience in management of grant programs
• Experience working directly with government agencies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in creation of knowledge materials. Knowledge of spoken Kannada is highly desirable.
• Excellent networking and leadership skills
Qualifications, Expertiseand Experience:
• Master’s degree in urban /Environmental Planning and Management, Sustainable Development, or related areas along with a bachelor’s degree in civil /Environmental Engineering or related areas from reputed institutions
• 5+years of experience in handling high quality multi-stakeholder projects preferably in senior role, and minimum 3 years’ experience in WASH related projects.
• Wellversed in documentation including technical documentation
• Experience of working in urban local bodies/government agencies, particularly in Karnataka
• Ability to plan work at city level with dependencies
• Good HR skills to manage team and partners from diverse background
Terms of employment:
o Location of employment is TIDE’s office at Bangalore with frequent travel to the partner towns
o Salary will be commensurate with Industry standards.
o The position is contingent to the project
Interested candidates are requested to fill this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NHG8etbw9xuX7fIVd5GE0mgWnBhcDV9SMnmfLojXmro/edit before 31th March 2022. A selection committee will assess, shortlist, and conduct interviews to choose a suitable candidate for the position. The candidate is expected to take over the responsibilities starting April2022.
For any enquiries, reach out to [email protected] or call 080-23612031 / 32 during work hours.