With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Purpose of the Job
The WASH Program Manager will be responsible for the leadership of the Soddo Cluster Coordination Office and CIFF Funded water, sanitation and hygiene program planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and managing a team to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities and products generated under the project.
S/he will be responsible for achieving expected WASH outcomes and integration of WASH to NTDs. The WASH Program Manager will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor to coordinate and systematically disseminate lessons-learned with other partners engaged in the SCH/STH Transmission Break.
- Ensure proper leadership and management of the Soddo Cluster Coordination Office and WASH project with strict adherence to World Vision personnel, financial and other applicable policies, strategies, guidelines, principles and core values.
- Review technical documents and other deliverables to ensure alignment with overall project strategy and donor requirements.
- Liaise with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate to ensure responsive and sustainable programming.
- Participate in relevant technical working groups and forums at zonal and regional levels.
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits.
- Consistently look for more effective and efficient implementation methods and opportunities to increase impact, are in the targeted operation areas, meet technical standards and in compliance with donor’s requirements, government policies and global standards.
- Ensure the implementation of the CIFF funded WASH project is in compliance with the plan, work schedule, budget and quality to ensure proper accountability to donors, government and the benefiting community.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate and professional reports that meet donor requirements.
- Lead design of the capacity building and learning opportunities of the WASH staff in order to build their capacity to ensure that the staffs have the competency to plan and implement the project effectively and efficiently.
- Engage in and ensure that appropriate human resource performance monitoring mechanisms with proper coaching and mentoring are practiced to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability and delivery of results for the project.
- Facilitate and handle donors and support offices visits and briefings.
- Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Education and qualification required
Minimum of ten years of experience in the WASH sector, in areas related to successful Activity implementation such as provision of technical expertise for WASH, demand creation, and sanitation marketing.
M.Sc degree in Hydraulics, Water Resource, Environmental Science, public health and other related fields.
Demonstrated experience building private sector capacity to provide WASH products and services is highly desirable.
Demonstrated experience in building local government capacity to install, rehabilitate, and maintain water systems.
Prior experience in the Ethiopian WASH sector desirable, preferably including experience with national level coordination under the One WASH Program. Moreover, S/he is/has
- Committed to the core values of World Vision
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English
- Creates and encourages a climate of team-work and collaboration in a diverse cultural environment.
- Consistently achieves high-level results, manages and delivers projects on-time and on-budget.
- Demonstrate high level technical and supervisory skills; result oriented and provides others with a clear direction;
- Motivates and empowers others; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching.
- Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
- Good understanding of the local cultural context.
- Good M&E and report writing skills
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only