Grade: DNPA Grade 6
Salary: £33,486 – £37,568 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract length: 5 year fixed term contract
Dartmoor National Park Authority (DNPA) helps to conserve and enhance the biodiversity, cultural heritage and landscape of Dartmoor and provide opportunities for people to enjoy the countryside as well as supporting our local communities and the rural economy.
We are now looking for a Programme Manager to join us on a full-time basis to support our Headwaters Programme for the next five years.
The Dartmoor Headwaters Programme is multi-million pound partnership programme that will work over the next 5 years with land owners and land managers to implement nature based solutions to achieve multiple environment outcomes such as nature enhancement, carbon storage, flood mitigation and the protection of cultural heritage.
– Salary of £33,486 – £37,568 per annum
– Flexible and hybrid work considered
– Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
– Based at our stunning HQ on the National Trust’s Parke estate near Bovey Tracey, with travel required around the National Park
This is an incredible opportunity for a high-calibre conservation professional to work within our outstanding National Park. Building upon the lessons from the previous pilot scheme, you will work with land managers and communities to design, develop and implement environmentally sustainable solutions to restore peatland, reduce flood risk and improve biodiversity across Dartmoor.
You will have the chance to make a real difference to the natural environment of Dartmoor, with the opportunity to enhance your professional experience within the beautiful setting of the National Park.
As the Programme Manager, you will oversee and co-ordinate the delivery of the Dartmoor Headwaters programme for DNPA.
Utilising your land management expertise, you will build and develop relationships with partners, stakeholders and local communities. You will ensure and promote the integration of the peatland and Natural Flood Management (NFM) elements of the programme and co-ordinate close working relationships with wider nature enhancement and farming programmes.
Alongside these activities you will:
– Manage a multi-disciplinary team of staff
– Review and monitor objectives and agreed outcomes
– Identify and secure additional funding for the programme.
– Monitor and report on budgets and outcomes
– Act as an advocate and champion for the programme and the catchment approach
To be considered as the Programme Manager, you will need:
– Demonstrable experience of working on NFM projects, peatland or wetland habitat restoration
– Expertise and proven success in project management and the review and development of strategic plans, as well as budgetary and financial controls
– Experience of successfully leading a multi-disciplinary team
– Experience of working with farmers and land managers toward positive agricultural and/or environmental outcomes
– Experience of developing and sustaining active and successful partnerships at a strategic level
– The ability to prioritise a diverse and demanding workload
Knowledge of GIS applications would be advantageous, as would evidence of continued professional development such as ILM or CMI management qualifications.
Webrecruit and Dartmoor National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9JQ.
Monday 11 April 2022 at 17:00 pm
How to apply:
To apply for this position please complete and return the application form using the links below. Once completed, please email your application to: [email protected].
Alternatively, please post to: Human Resources at Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9JQ
- Dartmoor Headwaters Programme Manager – Job Description
- Dartmoor Headwaters Programme Manager – Person Specification