Entry Level Water Resources Engineer
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Entry Level Water Resources Engineer to join our growing Water Engineering practice within our New York, NY office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers tremendous potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve hydrologic and hydraulic modeling; data analysis, design of water, sewer and stormwater facilities; flood resiliency studies; green infrastructure; floodplain and drainage studies
- Perform engineering calculations and produce engineering drawings as needed on variety of water resources related projects
- Perform field work whenever required
- Perform Hydraulic & Hydrologic modeling
- Assist in writing reports, presentations and other related items
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.S. Degree or higher in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or related Engineering field), with emphasis in water resources required
- 0-3 years related experience
- Knowledge/experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS and computer models such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, Infoworks
- Engineer in Training (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and Proficiency in MS Office software
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.