Members Engagement Officer: Specialist Groups
The International Water Association is a worldwide network for water professionals and corporations, with a membership in the fields of water services, infrastructure engineering and consulting. It connects more than 10,000 experts within the international water sector. IWA is a network structured to promote multi-level collaboration among its diverse membership groups, to share the benefit of knowledge on water science, technology and management worldwide. Each year, IWA organizes and sponsors over 40 specialized conferences and seminars on a wide variety of water and sanitation topics worldwide. Further, IWA publishes 12 scientific journals and 40+ books per year. IWA develops leading edge innovations and synthesizes these through the work of 50 IWA Specialist Groups (SGs), 3 Clusters and a set of global programmes such as, Cities of the Future, Basins of the Future, Digitalization of Water, and Innovators Platform.
IWA has a worldwide staff of approximately 50, with headquarters in London and offices in The Hague (Netherlands), Beijing and Nanjing (China), and Chennai (India).
Under the general supervision of the Director, Science, Practice & Policy, the primary role of the Members Engagement Officer: Specialist Groups is to support the coordination and engagement of Specialist Groups (SGs), Task Groups (TGs) and Clusters and ensure the delivery of excellent services to them. Detailed responsibilities are:
- To provide an effective channel of communication between IWA, specialist group leaders and members of specialist groups, and ensure that their needs are serviced to the highest possible level;
- To actively support SGs in their role as vehicles for membership engagement and retention through engagement of group members in SGs.
- To ensure transparency, diversity and talent rotation in the re-elections of leaders and committee members within IWA communities and have regular monitoring and evaluation functions and reporting on leaders active engagement
- To develop a Specialist Group’s induction pack and share it with all new IWA members regularly. The pack will be developed in partnership with SG Leaders and will include important information about the SGs and will also clearly articulate engagement opportunities and pathways for new members.
- To support the facilitation of the content development and sharing, e.g., in the form of state of the art reports, international summary reports, newsletters, blogs, webinars, online platforms etc. on their field of interest;
- To assist in the process of consulting the specialist groups to ensure that the technical programme at the congresses is reflective of their needs and interests; and to ensure the engagement of the groups and clusters in the IWA Biannual Congress & Exhibition, and the Development Congress & Exhibition;
- Review and evaluate dormant SGs and investigate the opportunities, initiate and support
the creation and launch of new groups or communities in topics of strategic importance.
The above job description contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position. However, in a small organization such as IWA, the staff members are expected to show flexibility in their approach to work and be willing to undertake other tasks and missions that are reasonably allocated to them but which are not part of their regular job description. Where any task becomes a regular part of an employee’s responsibility, the job description shall be revised in consultation with the employee and their direct line manager.
Please see "To Apply" link for more information.