Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Advisor Agriculture and Natural Resource Management*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. At the end of the initial two-year contractual period, there are good prospects for conversion of the contract from a fixed-term to an open-ended employment contract. Employment location will be a Welthungerhilfe location in Germany or a Programme Country.
The Sector Strategy, Knowledge and Learning Unit develops Welthungerhilfe’s programmatic approaches strategically and conceptually, develops methodological guidelines for the programs and promotes learning within the organization. As Agriculture and Natural Resource Management Advisor, you will oversee, guide and expand Welthungerhilfe’s programming world-wide with a focus on contextually appropriate approaches in agriculture, natural resource management and climate resilience, as well as value chain/market system development.
- Act as main technical contact person for agriculture, natural resource management and environment
- Advise country offices on technical issues, support project planning, prepare project proposals and thus ensure a high quality of the projects
- Continue to expand the global Community of Practice in order to network with the relevant experts in project regions and promote shared learning
- Further develop the project portfolio in the agriculture sector, including natural resource management, environment and climate resilience, as well as value chains/market systems.
- In coordination with your colleagues, actively promote the localization of your sector in multidisciplinary approaches to climate resilience and food systems
- Pick up on relevant trends in the sector and incorporate them into Welthungerhilfe’s publications and project work
- Represent Welthungerhilfe at events and in professional networks.
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field or training in agricultural science
- At least 5 years of professional experience in development cooperation and/or humanitarian aid
- At least 3 years of project experience in non-European countries
- Experience in food or market systems development and climate resilient agriculture
- Sound knowledge in the fields of Agriculture, Natural Resource Management and Environment
- Ability to think in a networked, systemic way, agile way of working and high service orientation
- Willingness to work in a multinational team, but also independently and on own responsibility
- Excellent spoken and written English, as well as either excellent German or French language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 10, 2022. Your contact person is Ina Stepka. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.