Job Role: Project Coordinator – Research & Capacity-Building for Implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission, Karnataka
Organization: Centre or Social ResearchLocation: Bangalore
Timeframe: Immediate Availability
Type of position: Contractual – 9 month
The Centre for Social Research is looking for an experienced project coordinator to manage activities for research and stakeholder capacity-building project on the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission in Karnataka. The project involves conducting FDGs and interviews government and community stakeholders to identify gaps and challenges in the uptake of the program in five districts in the greater Bengaluru area. The research will be followed with the organization of several capacity-building programs and stakeholder/government dialogues.
About the Centre for Social Research
Centre for Social Research (CSR) is a non-profit organization based in New Delhi, India was founded in 1983. CSR is dedicated to creating a violence-free, gender-just society through social research, capacity building and advocacy. Our various interventions include work on gender equality through its programs such as Women’s Political Leadership, Digital Safety & Citizenship, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Skill Training for Women, Water & Women’s Leadership through Gender, Water & Climate Change programs and Gender trainings for various stakeholders.
Gender, water and climate change department (GWCC)
We at CSR recognize the importance of women’s active participation in governance structures and in management of natural resources, particularly given the increasing impact of climate change. In order to address this issue we have partnered with like-minded agencies and sponsors to take forward the baton for achieving climate change mitigation.
Here we aim to work through a bottom’s up approach where our grass-root level interventions will directly aim towards building the capacities of Self Help Group women (SHG’s) and Elected Women Representatives (EWR’s) such that they become the agents of change in their own villages and mobilize and build a network to make their villages self-sufficient in terms of availability of safe water.
CSR’s work on water conservation and management has led to following results and we envision to replicate our work in various other parts of our country with similar issues.
- 600 EWRs & SHG members trained
- 36 infrastructure projects (with leveraged government resources)
- 10,000 community members served
- 2020: policy dialogue & networking for gender-inclusive RAPCC
- 2021: Expansion & replication of our water projects
Disaster Management preparedness: Flood Preparedness
- 152 EWRs trained & mobilised (78 Bihar, 74 Nepal)
- Joint Dialogue – 40 participants
- Disaster Management Committees
In 2022, CSR will be beginning new work in the state of Karnataka and is looking for someone to anchor project implementation in this area.
- Outreach to and mobilization of FDG participants
- All local data collection for research
- Liaison with government stakeholders
- Coordination of all logistics for capacity-building and dialogues
- Handling of all local communication, meetings, and outreach
- 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in project implementation or research
- Experience with coordination among partner organizations
- Experience with data collection, FDGs, research, documentation
- Experience with outreach, engagement, and coordination with government agencies and programs
- Preferred Master’s Degree in related field
- Conversational fluency in Kannada.
- Monthly salary 35-40,000 INR commensurate with experience
Apply If interested, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Job Email id: jobs(at)csrindia.org