Job no: 549435
Contract type: Consultancy
Duty Station: New Delhi
Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Knowledge Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. And we never give up!
UNICEF is a leading humanitarian and development agency working globally for the rights of every child. Child rights begin with safe shelter, nutrition, protection from disaster and conflict and traverse the life cycle: pre-natal care for healthy births, clean water and sanitation, health care and education. UNICEF has spent nearly 74 years working in continuously improving the lives of children and their families. Working with and for children through adolescence and into adulthood requires a global presence, with goal is to produce results and monitor their effects. UNICEF also lobbies and partners with leaders, thinkers and policy makers to help all children realize their rights, especially the most disadvantaged.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF: https://youtube/E1xkXZs0cAQ
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply. Our workplace policies promote flexible work arrangements, to support all staff in maintaining a healthy life balance, both in and out of the office. We are the first United Nations agency to be awarded the EDGE certification – the leading global standard for gender equality in the workplace.
For more information on UNICEF EDGE Certification, kindly view the video here. UNICEF prides itself on fostering a multicultural and harmonious work environment, guaranteed by a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
DURATION OF CONSULTANCY: 11.5 months from the start date. The initial contract will be issued upto 31 Dec 2022. The contract for the balance duration will be issued subject to programme requirements, funding availability and satisfactory performance of the contractor
LOCATION: The contractor will be required to work from home for the next few months, but report to the supervisor(s) based in the New Delhi office. Contractor maybe asked to come to the office for a few days a week starting mid-2022 pending updating of safety protocols.
CLOSING DATE: 29 March 2022
PLEASE REFER TO DETAILED TERMS OF REFERENCE ATTACHED
HOW TO APPLY: Your online application should contain four separate attachments to be uploaded under the specified place holders as directed on the online platform:
- Technical proposal in a word document highlighting the relevant experience and products developed, Max 2-page cover letter on relevant past experience
- One work sample of the most relevant written knowledge product developed within the past six (6) months.
- A financial proposal as per template attached below. Please do not forget to specify your name in the file and include your signature, while saving. (to be uploaded under “Financial Proposal” tab).
Important please note: Please do not indicate financials anywhere else in the online application form, please mark “n/a or 00”, under the fee related questions in the online application form.
All 4 documents are required to be submitted mandatorily, if there is any document missing then your application will not be evaluated further
- Relevant experience and outputs (45 marks)
- Writing sample that is relevant (within WASH, health or social development sectors), demonstrates analytical or critical thinking skills, and is of high quality (30 marks)
- Candidate receiving maximum score after combining their Technical Score and Financial score will be finally selected.
- Any attempt to unduly influence UNICEF’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
- Joint applications of two or more individuals are not accepted.
- Please note, UNICEF does not charge any fee during any stage of the process.
- Attached are General Conditions for the Consultancy Contracts for your reference. General Conditions of Contracts for Contractors and Individual Consultants.pdf
- Female candidates meeting the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds including persons living with disabilities to apply.
For any clarifications, please contact:
Supply & Procurement Section
73, Lodi Estate, New Delhi 110003
Telephone # +7303259136
Email : [email protected]
Advertised: 22 Mar 2022 India Standard Time
Deadline: 29 Mar 2022 India Standard Time