Self-Help Enterprises is currently recruiting for a Communication and Outreach Specialist.
Candidate will be a dynamic self-starter able to engage all facets of public relations (media relations, content development, design, and dissemination) and community outreach (organization, participant, and staff events; and resource development).
– Coordinate public relations activities, including press releases, SHE publications, and other PR materials in ways that support the mission of Self-Help Enterprises .
– Create effective messages and timely creation of all communications materials, including monthly online newsletters, annual reports, website updates, social media, press releases flyers, and other materials designed to educate and engage various audiences including participants, policy makers, donors, and others.
– Plan and manage events and innovative community education and engagement activities to stimulate involvement in targeted communities (groundbreakings, ribbon cuttings, project openings, etc).
– Represent SHE to community groups, partners, and funding sources
– Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse audiences, including policymakers, community-based organizations, and the media.
– Knowledge of general public relations and marketing practices and procedures including websites, social media, outreach collateral and press releases.
– Strong computer literacy and comfort with technology, including knowledge of standard business office software for presentations, website development, word processing, and spreadsheets.
– Basic graphic design and event management experience a plus.
– Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
– Bilingual English/Spanish required.